Build a query in the Data Browser starting from one or more search terms. The intuitive, autocomplete functionality uses your search terms to suggest pre-built queries. Select a query and continue to edit it on the Data Browser canvas.
- Open the Data Browser.
- Select one or more dataset(s) to query.
- Enter terms into the search field.
- Continue by entering more terms or select one of the matched queries under Related queries or Saved and examples.
- Alternatively, click Search and select a matched query from the Results page.
Learn more about suggestions which appear once you enter a term below. Or, continue to the example query to see this in action.
As you enter search terms, the following types of suggestions appear:
Select keywords, such as Primary site / Breast to refine the queries suggested in the Related queries and Saved and examples sections. Continue your search by entering another term.
Note that keyword suggestions are shown for every term, independent of previously entered terms in the search field. For more information, see the example query below.
The Related queries section lists pre-built queries based on your search terms. Click on a result to open it in the Data Browser canvas and continue to edit the query. Learn more about editing queries.
The Saved and examples section displays Seven Bridges example queries and your saved queries which match the entered search terms. Click on a result to open it in the Data Browser canvas and continue to edit the query. Learn more about editing queries.
In the example below, let's find a query involving males with a primary tumor of lung adenocarcinoma.
- In the search field enter the following terms: lung adenocarcinoma, male, and primary tumor.
- Click Search to see pre-built queries on the Results page.
- Select a result to populate the Data Browser canvas with the query.
Import the files into your project by clicking on Copy files to project or edit your query. To return to the search field and modify your query, click on the trash icon in the upper righthand corner.
Updated about 4 years ago